Updated: May 26, 2020
We have all been there.
When you have a flare up at the worst time possible.
You just ran out of food in your house, there are piles of laundry to do, the house is a mess, your project at work is due, and your family needs you.
You wake up and know that none of that is happening, because your autoimmune disease is flaring. You are in pain. You are exhausted. And there is nothing more in you to give.
Autoimmune flare ups seem to come out of nowhere so preparation is EVERYTHING.
Let me introduce you to your very own Emergency Flare up Plan! This allows you to prepare your home and your life for when you don’t feel good. It looks different for everyone. Just follow these steps to get started:
1) Make bone broth- it’s like chicken soup for the soul, instead it’s nutrient dense healing for the autoimmune gal. This can be easily frozen and heated to help you heal faster!
2) Make a couple freezer meals. There are some excellent crock pot paleo freezer meals that save you from having to cook for your family when you don’t feel well. Here are some of my favorites:
3) Need someone to make a grocery run for you? There’s an app for that! Instacart allows you to get groceries from local grocery stores delivered to your home. All you have to do is click and then answer the door.
4) There are also laundry services, so check your area for one. They can come to your house, pick up your laundry, and deliver it back. If that’s not your thing, keep an extra set of clean sheets, towels, and one week of clothes ready to go.
5) A cluttered house is a cluttered mind. Get some help to clean your surroundings! Keep the number for a house cleaning service handy and you don’t have to worry about the vacuuming, dusting, and mopping for the week!
6) Need child care? Keep the number for your baby sitter/Grandparents handy. One call and your kids are cared for so you can take that long awaited nap you desperately need.
Being sick from your autoimmune disease is STRESSFUL. However, during a flare-up, this is the time when you should RELAX and REST. Your body is literally begging you for that.
Your flare-up will rest when YOU decide to rest.
So, take the time now while you are feeling well to make this emergency flare up plan.
Your body and your life will thank you!